Teaching staff can be added to iWalkObservation in two ways.
- Manual entry via the "edit staff" page - Learn More
- Creating a CSV file from an excel document and emailing the csv to iWalkObservation for a data import. This is generally complete and ready for you to important into iWalkObservation within 48 hours.
Download and edit the template CSV file for staff import
(technical skill level - novice to intermediate)
- Download the linked csv file and open in a spreadsheet application such as Excel.
Note: While other spreadsheet programs may be used excel is recommended for its file conversion character format to "csv."
- Ensure an * is in each cell in the 'F' column (see image to the left). This is a required element for import. Each data line you create must end with the * character in the 'F' column. It is needed for iWalkObservation to parse your data correctly.
Do not use commas (,) in your staff list file in any field.
A "csv" file is comma delimitated. Using commas in the data with skew the results of the import.
- Save your file as a "csv" file. To do this, click on "File : SaveAs"
- In the corresponding dialog box, ensure "File Format" or "File Type" is set for "csv".
- When naming your file, use something entirely unique and be certain to include the ".csv" file extension in lower case. For example, if your school's name is Jones Elementary, consider a file name of JonesElem####.csv where "####" is the last for digits of your main phone number. This will help keep your file separate from any other on the iWalkObservation server.
- Using the upload tool box below, upload your CSV file to the iWalkObservation servers.
- Return to iWalkObservation and the "edit staff" screen. Click on the "import" button and the "I have an import filename!" Enter your file name along with ".csv" file extension.
Note: Your .csv file will remain on our servers for at a minimum of 30 days. Keep a copy yourself for future updates beyond the 30 day time frame.