The OnTask tool provides you with a single on and off task counter along with a narrative comment space. This tool is aimed at focusing the observing on student engagement. Observers should use a time interval, tallying the on and off task behaviors at each time markere. The email and information sent to the teacher will include a summary of the data points, percentage of on and off task behaviors, and a data point for each moment recorded.
- Select the Teacher you wish to observer. The email will auto populate from your staff database.
- Tap "goals" to view any goals you have set for this teacher in the Goals Module.
- Tap to select the number of students in the classroom.
- Using a timed interval, tap to select the number of students "ontast". The off task counter will auto calculate. You may choose to count the number of students off task instead. This on task value will auto calculate as well.
- Tap to record your data point. Repeat step 4 & 5 at each timed interval.
- Add you narrative observations and comments.
- Each narrative box has a clock in the upper right corner. Tap this to automatically add a timestamp in the connected narrative box.
- Select a email signature as desired.
- Tap to preview or send